1. Make a purchase of a BLACK+DECKER product between October 1st 2017-December 1st 2017
2. Upload a picture of your receipt below
3. Enter your details
BLACK+DECKER® MAGICAL VACATION CONTEST
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents Canada, have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry in this Contest, and have a valid form of personal identification and passport which allows them to travel internationally. Employees and their immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren and step family) and/or people living in the same household, related or not, of BLACK+DECKER, Pancake Laboratories, LLC (“Shortstack”), Stanley Black & Decker Canada Corporation, Disney or any of their respective affiliates (individually and collectively, “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Contest. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible entrants must enter this Contest, during the Entry Period only, by either (or both) of the following methods (A. – automatic entry; or B. – mail-in entry):
A. To receive an automatic entry into this Contest each entrant (you) must complete the following:
(1) During the Entry Period, you must purchase a BLACK+DECKER product from a retailer in Canada (excluding Ebay, Inc.);
(2) Take one (1) photo image of your purchase receipt of the BLACK+DECKER product you purchased during the Entry Period (photo image must be 3MB or smaller, in .jpg format) and include all of the following information in the photo: (a) identification of the BLACK+DECKER product purchased (sku #, model # or name of product); (b) purchase date; (c) store name and address; and (d) purchase amount you paid;
(3) Go to the following entry site https://bdmagicalvacation.ourcontest.io/Ljlttn (“Entry Site”); and
(4) Complete the entry form, upload your photo image of purchase receipt and click “submit” to enter.
Each automatic entry is limited to one (1) purchase receipt photo image and the same purchase receipt cannot be entered more than one time in this Contest. Each qualifying and successful submission qualifies as one (1) entry in this Contest even if such submission included a receipt photo image that contained the purchase of more than one (1) BLACK+DECKER product. An entrant may only submit an entry for one (1) purchase receipt per day even if such entrant purchased more than one (1) BLACK+DECKER product in one (1) day. Duplicates or repeat submissions will be void and deleted as a Contest entry. If the purchase receipt photo image shows that the BLACK+DECKER product was not purchased during the Entry Period, such submission will be void and deleted as a Contest entry. Proof of submission alone will not be deemed to be validation from BLACK+DECKER.
B. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (“Mail-In entry”) -- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entrants (you) may enter this Contest by doing the following:
(1) Go the Entry Site and download and print the entry form;
(2) Complete the entry form in its entirety;
(3) Mail your completed entry form to STANLEY BLACK AND DECKER – 6275 MILLCREEK DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA ON, L5N 1L8, CANADA, ATTN: S. RAJA and include “BLACK+DECKER® Magical Vacation Contest” on the outer envelope;
(4) Mail-In entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received at the above address no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on January 7, 2018;
(5) Full responsibility for the proper postage rests solely with entrant (you);
(6) Mail-In entries must be submitted by entrant (you) and contain all required information;
(7) Limit of one (1) Mail-in entry per entrant, per outer envelope;
(8) Limit of one (1) Mail-In entry per entrant, per postmarked date;
(9) BLACK+DECKER is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible Mail-in entries; and
(10) Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of any Mail-in entries by BLACK+DECKER.
All Entries: Each qualifying and valid entry entered in this Contest is referred to herein as an “Entry”. Each entrant is limited to one (1) Entry per day during the Entry Period, regardless of the method of entry and/or the number of BLACK+DECKER products an entrant purchased during the Entry Period. BLACK+DECKER will NOT notify any entrant of an unsuccessful, void, deleted or invalid submission. For purposes of this Contest, a “day” starts at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any entrant in connection with entering this Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated system or means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, illegible or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted as a valid entry. BLACK+DECKER is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which entries will be disqualified. Tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by BLACK+DECKER, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address, purchase receipt, photo image, information or submissions, validations or mail-in entries. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, telephone information, purchase information or receipt(s), photo image, registration, entry form, validation(s), mail-in entries or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of BLACK+DECKER and will not be returned. Automated, bulk, or mechanically reproduced entries or entries submitted by third parties will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any entrant in connection with entering this Contest.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing to determine the Winner will be held on January 31, 2018 at approximately 10:00 A.M. ET at the above Mississauga, Ontario address by a BLACK+DECKER representative. Entrants are not required to be present to win. The Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of qualifying Entries received.
4. NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE GRAND PRIZE: The potential Winner will be notified by BLACK+DECKER (based upon the information provided in the potential Winner’s Entry) within ten (10) days after the random drawing is held. Within ten (10) days of the first notification attempt by BLACK+DECKER, the potential Winner must (A) return to BLACK+DECKER a completed and personally signed Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”), and (B) correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question (to be administered by telephone or email) without mechanical or other assistance -- FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE GRAND PRIZE. The Declaration and Release confirms potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize. If, despite reasonable efforts by BLACK+DECKER the potential Winner does not respond to such notification from BLACK+DECKER, does not return the Declaration and Release to BLACK+DECKER and successfully complete the skills-based question within the above designated time period, if notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, if the potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise disqualified from this Contest (including for failure to correctly answer the skills-based question), has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Grand Prize for any reason, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize and BLACK+DECKER may, but shall not be required to, randomly select an alternate potential Winner from the remaining eligible Entries. BLACK+DECKER shall have no liability for any prize winning notification or documentation relating to this Contest that is lost, intercepted, delayed in delivery or not received by the potential Winner for any reason. To be declared the official “Winner”, the potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, fully comply with these Official Rules and correctly answer the time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance. Prize award is subject to verification by BLACK+DECKER. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY BLACK+DECKER THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize will be comprised of the following:
a 4-day/3-night Walt Disney World® Resort vacation for four (4) persons in April 2018 or May 2018 (“Grand Prize vacation”) comprised of: four (4) round trip coach class air transportation on a carrier of BLACK+DECKER’s choice between the nearest international airport in Canada to the Winner’s residence and Orlando International Airport; ground transportation between Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express® service; one (1) standard room (a maximum of four (4) persons) for three (3) nights at a Disney Value Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort (selected by Disney in its sole discretion and subject to availability); four (4) 4-day Magic Your Way® tickets with Park Hopper®; one (1) Disney Gift Card (subject to restrictions) in the amount of USD$1,500. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize vacation USD$6,288. In the event the actual value of the Grand Prize vacation awarded is less than USD$6,288, the Winner will not receive the balance in cash, credit or otherwise. The Winner must have fully taken the Grand Prize vacation by MAY 31, 2018 or he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize vacation. Exact travel dates (in April or May of 2018) are subject to availability and restrictions. The Winner and travel companions must travel on the same itinerary. The Winner and travel companion may be required to provide appropriate government issued photo identification (such as a valid passport) at time of travel; the Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents, travel insurance and other travel requirements. All expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use not expressly described in these Official Rules as included in the Grand Prize vacation are the sole responsibility of the Winner and travel companions. The Grand Prize vacation does NOT include: upgrades in airfare; travel or life insurance; rental car; room service; room or other damages; amenities; travel arrangements to and from home airport; additional night stay; additional room(s); room upgrade; meals; additional guest(s); gratuities; excess or oversized baggage fees; any other travel-related expense(s) and/or incidental cost(s). Prior to travel, all travel companions will be required to return to BLACK+DECKER a personally signed liability and publicity release form. If any travel companion is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the release form required per these Official Rules must be submitted and signed by a parent or legal guardian of such minor and such minors must be accompanied on trip by parent/guardian. BLACK+DECKER shall not be responsible for any lost, misplaced, stolen, expired, unclaimed or travel vouchers, unused tickets, passes, gift card, etc. TRAVEL COMPANIONS MUST BE ADVISED BY BLACK+DECKER THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE BEFORE THEY ARE THE WINNER’S DESIGNATED TRAVEL COMPANIONS. The Grand Prize vacation is subject to all terms and conditions contained on the back of travel vouchers, tickets, gift cards, passes, etc. The Winner and travel companions must agree to comply with all applicable rules and regulations in connection with the Grand Prize vacation. Contest Entities reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the Winner and/or travel companion(s) who engage in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any Grand Prize vacation event. Due to the nature of the Grand Prize vacation, the Winner and travel companions must respond promptly to BLACK+DECKER, or their agents/designees when contacted and provide required documents or information by stated deadlines; if the Winner and/or travel companions do not respond such that BLACK+DECKER or its agents cannot make necessary arrangements or other details required for the Grand Prize vacation, the Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize vacation. The Grand Prize vacation may involve strenuous physical activity and there is a risk of personal injury and/or property damage. Winner and travel companions must assume all of the risk of injury, death or other losses or damages arising out of participation in the Grand Prize vacation.
• one (1) BLACK+DECKER tool prize pack (total ARV CD$355.95/US$287.19) comprised of one (1) of each of the following products: BLACK+DECKER Lithium Rechargeable Screwdriver Model #BDCS40BI (ARV CD$45.99); BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer Model #LSTE525 (ARV CD$159.99); and BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flex Vacuum Model #BDH2020FLFH (ARV CD$149.97). The BLACK+DECKER tool prize pack will be mailed to the Winner at his/her physical address in Canada (cannot ship to a post office box) up to 12 weeks after the Winner takes the Grand Prize vacation.
The total Grand Prize value is USD$6,575.19. The Winner is responsible for all taxes on the Grand Prize. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any taxes, fees, costs, or expenses incurred by the Winner in connection with their acceptance, use and/or misuse of the Grand Prize (or any part) awarded. The Grand Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for cash or credit (except for the gift card) and no substitution will be made except that BLACK+DECKER reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or any part) for a prize (or part) of equal or greater value, for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. The use of any prize manufacturer’s name or trademark in connection with the Grand Prize is solely for the purpose of describing such prize and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship. All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. THE WINNER MUST ACCEPT THE FULL GRAND PRIZE IN ITS ENTIRETY OR THE WINNER WILL FORFEIT THE GRAND PRIZE IN ITS ENTIRETY.
6. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) from the Winner for BLACK+DECKER, Disney and their respective designees to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photograph (whether still or in video), image, voice, address (city and province/territory), prize information and any statements, testimonial or remarks made about winning the Grand prize or entering this Contest in whole or part (“Attributes”) for advertising and promotional purposes and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. The Winner agrees to release BLACK+DECKER, Disney and their respective designees from all claims arising out of such Attributes.
7. CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees on behalf of him/herself and each of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers, successors and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, Contest prize suppliers, retailers of BLACK+DECKER products, all other individuals, organizations and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Contest or delivering the Grand Prize and each of their respective and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, designees, agents, mandataries, representatives, shareholders, affiliates, owners and licensees (individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, rights claims and causes of action that entrant may have or which may arise against the Released Parties for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or personal or property damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize (or any part); (B) to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself; and (C) that Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from this Contest, for the theft of the Grand Prize or mail, for any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest at BLACK+DECKER’s sole and absolute discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BLACK+DECKER makes no warranties or conditions, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, express, implied or collateral, concerning the Grand Prize or any portion thereof furnished in connection with this Contest. These Official Rules cannot be modified in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of BLACK+DECKER and any such amendment will be located on the entry site. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings of paragraphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, modify or construe the meanings of BLACK+DECKER, scope of these Official Rules or the intent of any paragraph hereof. BLACK+DECKER’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Released Parties are not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing or reproduction of these Official Rules or any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Subject to the approval of the Quebec Régie des alcools, BLACK+DECKER reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and the amended Official Rules will be located on the Entry Site. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. BLACK+DECKER’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term. Headings in these Official Rules are for convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of BLACK+DECKER, scope of Official Rules, or intent of any paragraph hereof. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest at BLACK+DECKER’s sole and absolute discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, BLACK+DECKER reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies by such entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Subject to applicable laws, BLACK+DECKER reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Contest if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that this Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond BLACK+DECKER’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or BLACK+DECKER is prevented from awarding the Grand Prize or continuing with this Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within BLACK+DECKER’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to applicable laws BLACK+DECKER shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, subject to applicable laws. If this Contest is terminated before the designated end date, BLACK+DECKER, if possible, select the potential Winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination.
9. DISPUTES: ThIS Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the PROVINCE OF ontario AND the FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS and section 10 below, ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST (EXCLUDING ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE Walt Disney World Vacation portion of the grand prize) SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE province of ontario AND FEDERAL COURTS OF CANADA. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS and section 10 below, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the possession, misuse or use of the walt disney world portion of the grand prize shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of florida without regard for conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of florida or of any other jurisdiction and shall be resolved exclusively in an action in state or federal court in orange county, florida. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR OPPORTUNITY OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Grand Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNER: To obtain these Official Rules or Winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 6275 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7K6 Canada, Attn.: S. Raja and specify whether you request the Official Rules or name of the Winner. All such requests must be received by BLACK+DECKER by June 1, 2018.